Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Frustration

Me with my Grampa and Grammy Poulin

I grew up the same way I raised my kids....Family was everything. I spent weekdays after school at gram and grampa Poulins then weekends with Grammy and Grampa Graffam. Grandparents were there and you spent time with them...As I got older and went through growing pains with my parents my grandparents were still there and I made it a point to visit them, write letters when I was a way. It's what you do. I tried to instill those values in my kids but....somewhere along the way it got a bit lost. For whatever reason they just don't see that they are old and that someday in the very near future they are going to wake up one morning and not have the opportunity to run over and sit with them, or to call them or to send them a letter or shoot them an email...They just don't seem to get that when they are gone the are going to be GONE. When you spend your whole life growing up having them around trust me....you miss them when they aren't there anymore....I still have days when life is just to much and all I want to do is go over to my grandmothers and sit with her in the kitchen or out on the porch with a cup of milk and a homemade molasses cookie and talk about my day or listen to her stories of growing up. You miss it but, when you take the time to have those moments you at least have that and I'm afraid that my kids wont have those moments and god forbid should they have kids....at this point I don't even think we would have those moments with grandchildren....It just makes me sad for them..... I love my memories with my grandparents and cherish them like gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment